Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chenille Baby Blanket

I ran across this tutorial from Aesthetic Nest for a Chenille Baby Blanket.  I am not a quilter by any means and have never really been interested in making one either, this is until I ran across this tutorial.  I love the way the blanket turned out.



I would say it took about 4-6 hours to sew these lines half inch apart across the entire blanket.  Once I got the hang of it then it went faster.  My friend Celeste and I did them together so it wasnt so tedious and boring.  
The flannel on the bottom after one wash is so soft and fluffy.  I imagine it will only get better after more washes.



I just love all the colors together.  This definitely wasnt a quick easy project but the end result is worth it and I think I will make another one.  

2 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous blanket! To die for colors. I'm so glad you let me know. Would you add it to my Flickr group too? http://www.flickr.com/groups/1487227@N23/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found Anneliese's tutorial today and can't wait to make one of these (or two for the babies I know are on the way!) and just wanted to say that yours are the BEST colors of all I see posted! I just love the vibrancy! Great picks, fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...